Tuesday, March 20, 2007

One Year On.

I have just noticed that I have been blogging 43 for over a year! Happy one year anniversary!

It has been a journey of ups and downs, of enthusiasm and of boredom, of lush fertile weeks of regular posts, and dry arid weeks of emptiness and nothingness.

The 43 has passed through deep shadow filled valleys, where death and decay are in the air and all is motionless but the slow steady creeping of the hit counter… but we have survived and the journey continues!

(I know what you’re thinking - It’s just a blog, Geoff, get some perspective – and I reply… well, actually I don’t reply, I just ignore you.)

I would like to thank those of you who have been so faithful - those who have bookmarked my blog, or added it to your feeds, and those who would have done so if you knew how - and experienced with me the highs and lows.

The truth is, for a little bit now I have been waiting to be inspired. The worst thing a blogger can do (that is, apart from going crazy and killing people or leaving wash-back in the milk bottle) is get bored of their own blog, and I confess, I have been a little bored.

But I am feeling inspired again! The 43 bus route is one of such depth and diversity and there will always be more to be said. What is more, the 43 bus route, broadly speaking, is my Manchester – the Manchester in which I live and work and drink coffee and meet friends and go to church and visit the bank.

So as I begin this new year of blogging, I will at times be getting off the bus and telling you about those places – the estates of Wythenshawe and Sharston, the Urban Villages of Northenden and Didsbury, through to Withington and Fallowfield, to the Curry Mile of Rusholm and on to the teaming bustle of the University. It is a cross section of the diversity of south Manchester.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

Happy Blogday and well done. A new set of tyres and an oil change and the 43 will plod on just fine.

I think I have a higher regard for blogs the less frequently they get posted to. Really. It's all about the anticipation. And they always seem so much more considered when they do eventually get updated.

And since you raised it, I think the worse thing a blogger can do is to blog about being bored with their blogs. That, and not leaving the bathroom as they would wish to find it. Obviously.

So Happy Blogday and here's to a whole lot more in your own good time.

10:29 pm  
Blogger Geoff said...

Is that right? My bad. No more posts about being bored.

1:41 pm  
Blogger Tim said...

Well it's only what I think.

You can write anything you like and you'll never be booted out of Blog Club. That's been my experience anyway.

6:29 pm  
Blogger Matt Wilson said...

Happy Blogiversary! Did a year go by already?!

7:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home