Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Never A Dull Moment

I look down and see and black wallet on top of a bus stop. I wonder if there is any money in it? No, I’m sure there isn’t. But you never know, it might belong to someone who wants it back? No, it’s damp and mouldy and has obviously been there a long time. If there was anything of any value to anyone it would have been taken out. Really? But perhaps that’s what everyone thinks, and in fact it is housing a huge wodge of drug money? I doubt that very much. It’s a fabric wallet with a Velcro fastening, not posh enough, and it’s hanging slightly open, and look, it’s all damp and mouldy. But what if…? I could come back another day and have a look, or jump off the bus now and hoist myself up to see? No really, leave it, it is most defiantly not worth it. And you would look like a tramp.

The 43 pulls away before I even get to wondering about the large orange roadworks barrier and the baseball cap that similarly grace that bus stop roof. Saved for another day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the roof of the bus stop across from the Railway Station, there is a set of three coffee mugs. They aren't a matching set, but they huddle together filled with rain water and leaves. I often wonder why.

4:04 pm  
Blogger Tim said...

Sshh. Don't tell anyone, but...

I voted for you in the Manc Best Bling Awards. Good luck.

9:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home